For the latest COVID-19 information, please read our COVID-19 page.
Hello Trident Peeps!
After looking closely at the Governor’s Decree, (EEK) we realized that we would be in violation if we were to continue our outdoor classes. Therefore, stay tuned for more online training content.
Again: OUTDOOR CLASSES ARE CANCELLED until further notice.
Wash your hands, Hugs your loved ones and stay strong!
The Trident Team
Hey There Trident Peeps,
1. First of all. THANK YOU for the outpouring of love and concern. Each and every email or text we receive is a testament to fortitude, loyalty, and kindness of our beloved Trident community. We miss seeing everyone in person so please keep posting your videos on Instagram and FaceBook and tag @tridentcrossfitva.com
2. If we are unable to reopen the physical space on Monday, March 30th, we are offering to put everyone’s membership on hold until we reopen. If you are able and would like to keep paying your membership, please let us know. Any support is appreciated, but we know that this virus is affecting everyone, and we don’t want to add that burden with continuing membership dues.
3. We will continue to support our community with daily at-home workouts and The #800 Gram Challenge (starting Monday 23rd). Details on the #800 Gram Challenge will be on Instagram and via emails over the coming days.
4. We will continue to facilitate outdoor workouts as long as we are able to.
5. We are committed to keeping our business alive throughout this difficult time because we KNOW our community is unstoppable. Our goal is to provide our members with a physical place to reunite and train together at the end of this unprecedented and challenging period.
6. Let us know if you are interested in virtual yoga on Sunday with Coach Mel !
Stay Strong –
Chriss & Andrea
Hi Trident Peeps.
We wanted to keep you in the loop on a couple things we will be doing so our members can, not only keep their fitness levels, but INCREASE their fitness by becoming fitter, faster, and stronger in the next couple weeks.
Here are a few ways we are doing that for you:
1. At Home Workouts posted daily on SugarWOD
We want to make sure everyone can get their WOD on while at home. Please post your creative WOD attire and tag us at @tridentcrossfitva. If you do not have access to SugarWod, please email us at email@example.com.
2. Outdoor Classes
We will be hosting three hour-long outdoor classes daily at 6:00am, 12:00pm and 5:00pm. We will meet at Trident and head across the street to workout. Please be bring a water bottle, towel and any additional gear you think you will need. These classes will follow the “at home” WODs posted on SugarWOD.
3. Free Strength Track
For those of you who have a home/apartment gym, Vicky will provide free access to her Strength Track for the next month. It contains 4 lifts a week (2 upper and 2 lower) all on SugarWOD. It is currently a private track, so if you’d like access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Burpee Challenge
March is not over! Get after your burpees at home, and record in SugarWOD under “Burpee Challenge” as part of your daily workout.
5. 800g Nutrition Challenge
Think you eat enough fruits and veggies?….Think again! 800g DAILY of fruits and veggies for the next month… can you do it? challenge accepted. This will start next Monday, March 23rd, email staff@tridentcrossfitva.
6. Territory Meals
We definitely want you to keep ordering your meals, as does Territory. Meals will be available for pick up at Trident from 9am-noon on Monday, March 16th. Additionally, we will have someone at Trident from 4-6 pm for people who can’t pick their meals up in the morning. Be on the lookout for Thursday Meal pick up updates.
6. Milk Carton Fitness
Be on the lookout for some “special” WODs using a carton of milk, Tide, a broomstick, and other household items. Ever done “DT” with your detergent? Extra points if you use Tide+.
THANK YOU. We are truly overwhelmed by the loyalty and support that you all have shown us. Thank you for the kind emails and texts and thank you in advance for keeping your membership with us to keep our community alive. Without membership fees your gym would cease to exist. Please keep this in mind if you are considering placing your membership on hold or cancelling. So, please take a deep breath with us – and we’ll take this one week at a time. We are brainstorming ideas to keep our community together so if you have any suggestions or ideas, email them to email@example.com.
In Strength and Solidarity,
Hey There Trident Peeps,
This weekend there have been more reports of positive cases of COVID in individuals who are not symptomatic. With this new information and in the interest of your personal health and well being, the well being of our staff, the greater Alexandria community and the larger community of our planet, we have decided to close the physical space of Trident CrossFit for the next two weeks, March 15 to March 29.
Social distancing is our greatest weapon to keep each other safe and not overwhelm our healthcare facilities. That means the physical gym will be closed but we will be posting At-Home workouts and outdoor ideas for you to still get your workouts in.
We do ask for your support and understanding during this period as it is new for everyone. We will continue to try and make the best decisions with the information that is available to us.
In the meantime, you can expect:
- At home workouts to be published on SugarWod and Beyond the Whiteboard starting Monday, March 16th.
- We are planning outdoor bodyweight workouts that you can participate in. (Stay tuned for schedule.)
- Nutrition challenge (800 Gram Challenge). More to follow on this.
This is a trying time that can test the resolve of ANY community. Knowing you all, we will rally together and find creative ways to support each other and make the most out of the crazy situation that we find ourselves in.
Chriss and Team Trident
To our Trident Athletes,
The health and wellness of our athletes and employees is our first priority; therefore, we are monitoring the guidance of the CDC and our local government for information regarding additional safety measures and possible restrictions. At this time, we do not plan to close the gym. We are taking the following proactive, preventive measures to protect against Coronavirus exposure:
- We have moved the hand sanitizer to the front entrance. Please apply upon entering and exiting the gym.
- We have added additional wipes around the gym as well as provided bottles of spray bleach to wipe down flat surfaces. Wipe down all equipment BEFORE and AFTER your workout with the disinfecting wipes. The wipes have been developed to stop cross-contamination on surfaces and will sanitize surfaces, killing 99.9% of germs.
- Coaches are wiping down door handles, markers, key boards, etc. regularly.
Individual Precautions and Preventative Efforts
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of recommendations provided by the CDC to help safeguard your own health:
- If you’re feeling ill, please stay home.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your bent arm (at the elbow), not into your hand.
We will continue to be vigilant concerning the Coronavirus and follow the very best practices to maintain a clean, healthy environment. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email staff@tridentcrossfitva.
Saturday’s All Day Row to support Clint Trial was a huge success! 17 teams participated in the event. One team was a single person team— former Trident athlete Steve Houde rowed virtually in his garage in Maine. The other teams were made up of a variety of athletes including Trial’s unit members, Trident athletes, friends and family of Trident and athletes from CrossFit PR Star in Chantilly. Many of the team members met for the first time on Saturday as there were individual rowers looking to join a team. Despite not knowing each other, teams came together to show their support for a patriot and his family. Athletes shared their gifts of time, money, dedication and patience as they rowed almost six hours. It was remarkable to watch the Trident community and others come together with such enthusiasm and grace.
Half way through the day, Chriss added a twist to the event when the assault bikes and ski-ergs were introduced! Teams could accumulate additional meters on the bike or ski-erg, but one team member needed to continue rowing. The meters were valued at 1.5x’s the erg meters. Athletes had the opportunity to add meters on the bike or ski-erg for an hour and again in the last hour of the event.
Athletes remained fueled during the event with donations from Whole Foods Pentagon City, Territory Foods and many treats from athletes and spectators. Bananas, frozen grapes and popsicles were favorites.
After tallying registration fees, online donations and cash donations, we were just $800 shy of our $10,000 goal. We made an announcement during the event and additional donations came in along with a generous donation from Trident’s John Crowder of Bradham Automotive. By Saturday afternoon we met our goal and since then have exceeded it. Thank you to everyone for your generosity!
Teams worked extremely hard on Saturday to earn as many meters as possible. It was a physical and mental challenge for everyone – some doubting they could even complete it. There was pain, discomfort and exhaustion but every team worked until the very end. Three teams collected the most meters:
- 1st Place – CrossFit PR Star 187,797 meters
- 2nd Place – FIDN 153,135 meters
- 3rd Place – Nordic TC (Trident’s own!) 144,907 meters
The one man team, Steve Houde, rowed 56,435 meters.
Thank you to our friends at Lululemon Old Town, Misha’s Coffee and Kristine’s Touch Massage for providing prizes for the 1st Place team. The 1st Place team also went home with a Concept 2 erg. The top three teams received a bottle of whisky to celebrate.
Congratulations to the winning teams and to everyone who participated! And, thank you to everyone who contributed to the fundraiser for Clint Trial and his family. It’s an extraordinary example of caring and community.
For those who may not have heard, Josh will be leaving us soon to join the U.S. Army! We’re sad to see him go, but excited for his next great endeavor. With that said, we’re looking for an experienced Level 1 (or higher) motivated individual to join our awesome team.
Here’s a quick description –
Trident CrossFit is a world-renowned CrossFit Gym in the Washington DC area. We are growing our coaching family and seek an experienced Level 1 (or higher) highly motivated individual with a passion for helping others improve their lives through health and fitness. Primary responsibilities will be coaching our group morning and noon classes. Specifically, 9:30 am and 12:30 pm.
You must be proficient in coaching a variety of different age groups and ability levels, as well as have a passion for health and fitness. Most importantly you must be a great representative of our brand.
If you seek a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard, and be respected while having a job that challenges you, Trident CrossFit is the place. Trident CrossFit offers a unique workplace environment to its team members while enabling their career development and growth.
If you or someone you know is interested in the position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join friends and family from Trident for the All Day Row on August 10! This year’s event will be in honor of Recon Marine Clint Trial. On January 12th, 2019, Trial was deployed overseas when an explosion caused serious injuries to his body, resulting in a bilateral leg amputation, traumatic brain injury, and numerous internal injuries.
The cost of entry for the All Day Row is $300 (plus $21.63 processing fee) per team of 4. You will need your team members’ names, date of birth and email addresses to register.
* Need help filling a team of four? Email us at email@example.com.
If you don’t plan on rowing but would still like to donate? Donations welcome!
100% of all proceeds and donations will go directly to Clint and his family.
Join Trident CrossFit as we host Dr. Gary Sanchez, CEO WHY Institute, and discover your WHY!
On Saturday, 20 April at noon, Dr. Sanchez will engagingly and creatively show you a Better way to discover your WHY.
- He will teach you to use it to move forward faster and have a lasting impact on your life and the lives you care about.
- You can expect an “AH HA” moment of discovering your WHY as well as the WHY’s of your friends and co-workers.
- Find answers to, “Who am I? How do I be me? What should I do with my life? What direction should I go? What is my gift? What makes me special”?
Our own Chriss Smith has already seen the impact of discovering his WHY. In his words:
“Understanding my WHY, HOW and WHAT has helped me immensely in my ability to communicate with my coaching team, my peers and most importantly, my wife, Andrea. Having this knowledge about myself has given me insight on my personal development, refined my ability to communicate and has relieved stress from always wondering why I am the way I am!”
Click here to reserve your seat for this unique opportunity! Tickets are $45.
15 Air Squats
4 Ring Rows
12 Air Squats
15 Air Squats
Back Squat for load:
#1: 3 reps
#2: 3 reps
#3: 3 reps
#4: 3 reps
#5: 3 reps
* Optional Finisher
Back Squat Test (Jan. 2018)
4 x 2 min rounds
15/12 cal row
Rest 2 minutes
Score is total T2B
10 Overhead Squats (75/55)
10 Good Mornings (75/55)
10 Bent Over Rows (75/55)
200m Run after each round
Push Press 3RM
8 Min AMRAP:
8 Kettlebell Swings
8 Burpees over the KB
Score is total rounds + reps
12 Deadlifts (Bodyweight)
21 Box jumps (24/20)
10 min rope climb skill work