For the latest COVID-19 information, please read our COVID-19 page.
Hello Trident Peeps!
After looking closely at the Governor’s Decree, (EEK) we realized that we would be in violation if we were to continue our outdoor classes. Therefore, stay tuned for more online training content.
Again: OUTDOOR CLASSES ARE CANCELLED until further notice.
Wash your hands, Hugs your loved ones and stay strong!
The Trident Team
Hey There Trident Peeps,
1. First of all. THANK YOU for the outpouring of love and concern. Each and every email or text we receive is a testament to fortitude, loyalty, and kindness of our beloved Trident community. We miss seeing everyone in person so please keep posting your videos on Instagram and FaceBook and tag @tridentcrossfitva.com
2. If we are unable to reopen the physical space on Monday, March 30th, we are offering to put everyone’s membership on hold until we reopen. If you are able and would like to keep paying your membership, please let us know. Any support is appreciated, but we know that this virus is affecting everyone, and we don’t want to add that burden with continuing membership dues.
3. We will continue to support our community with daily at-home workouts and The #800 Gram Challenge (starting Monday 23rd). Details on the #800 Gram Challenge will be on Instagram and via emails over the coming days.
4. We will continue to facilitate outdoor workouts as long as we are able to.
5. We are committed to keeping our business alive throughout this difficult time because we KNOW our community is unstoppable. Our goal is to provide our members with a physical place to reunite and train together at the end of this unprecedented and challenging period.
6. Let us know if you are interested in virtual yoga on Sunday with Coach Mel !
Stay Strong –
Chriss & Andrea
Hi Trident Peeps.
We wanted to keep you in the loop on a couple things we will be doing so our members can, not only keep their fitness levels, but INCREASE their fitness by becoming fitter, faster, and stronger in the next couple weeks.
Here are a few ways we are doing that for you:
1. At Home Workouts posted daily on SugarWOD
We want to make sure everyone can get their WOD on while at home. Please post your creative WOD attire and tag us at @tridentcrossfitva. If you do not have access to SugarWod, please email us at email@example.com.
2. Outdoor Classes
We will be hosting three hour-long outdoor classes daily at 6:00am, 12:00pm and 5:00pm. We will meet at Trident and head across the street to workout. Please be bring a water bottle, towel and any additional gear you think you will need. These classes will follow the “at home” WODs posted on SugarWOD.
3. Free Strength Track
For those of you who have a home/apartment gym, Vicky will provide free access to her Strength Track for the next month. It contains 4 lifts a week (2 upper and 2 lower) all on SugarWOD. It is currently a private track, so if you’d like access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Burpee Challenge
March is not over! Get after your burpees at home, and record in SugarWOD under “Burpee Challenge” as part of your daily workout.
5. 800g Nutrition Challenge
Think you eat enough fruits and veggies?….Think again! 800g DAILY of fruits and veggies for the next month… can you do it? challenge accepted. This will start next Monday, March 23rd, email staff@tridentcrossfitva.
6. Territory Meals
We definitely want you to keep ordering your meals, as does Territory. Meals will be available for pick up at Trident from 9am-noon on Monday, March 16th. Additionally, we will have someone at Trident from 4-6 pm for people who can’t pick their meals up in the morning. Be on the lookout for Thursday Meal pick up updates.
6. Milk Carton Fitness
Be on the lookout for some “special” WODs using a carton of milk, Tide, a broomstick, and other household items. Ever done “DT” with your detergent? Extra points if you use Tide+.
THANK YOU. We are truly overwhelmed by the loyalty and support that you all have shown us. Thank you for the kind emails and texts and thank you in advance for keeping your membership with us to keep our community alive. Without membership fees your gym would cease to exist. Please keep this in mind if you are considering placing your membership on hold or cancelling. So, please take a deep breath with us – and we’ll take this one week at a time. We are brainstorming ideas to keep our community together so if you have any suggestions or ideas, email them to email@example.com.
In Strength and Solidarity,
Hey There Trident Peeps,
This weekend there have been more reports of positive cases of COVID in individuals who are not symptomatic. With this new information and in the interest of your personal health and well being, the well being of our staff, the greater Alexandria community and the larger community of our planet, we have decided to close the physical space of Trident CrossFit for the next two weeks, March 15 to March 29.
Social distancing is our greatest weapon to keep each other safe and not overwhelm our healthcare facilities. That means the physical gym will be closed but we will be posting At-Home workouts and outdoor ideas for you to still get your workouts in.
We do ask for your support and understanding during this period as it is new for everyone. We will continue to try and make the best decisions with the information that is available to us.
In the meantime, you can expect:
- At home workouts to be published on SugarWod and Beyond the Whiteboard starting Monday, March 16th.
- We are planning outdoor bodyweight workouts that you can participate in. (Stay tuned for schedule.)
- Nutrition challenge (800 Gram Challenge). More to follow on this.
This is a trying time that can test the resolve of ANY community. Knowing you all, we will rally together and find creative ways to support each other and make the most out of the crazy situation that we find ourselves in.
Chriss and Team Trident
To our Trident Athletes,
The health and wellness of our athletes and employees is our first priority; therefore, we are monitoring the guidance of the CDC and our local government for information regarding additional safety measures and possible restrictions. At this time, we do not plan to close the gym. We are taking the following proactive, preventive measures to protect against Coronavirus exposure:
- We have moved the hand sanitizer to the front entrance. Please apply upon entering and exiting the gym.
- We have added additional wipes around the gym as well as provided bottles of spray bleach to wipe down flat surfaces. Wipe down all equipment BEFORE and AFTER your workout with the disinfecting wipes. The wipes have been developed to stop cross-contamination on surfaces and will sanitize surfaces, killing 99.9% of germs.
- Coaches are wiping down door handles, markers, key boards, etc. regularly.
Individual Precautions and Preventative Efforts
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of recommendations provided by the CDC to help safeguard your own health:
- If you’re feeling ill, please stay home.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your bent arm (at the elbow), not into your hand.
We will continue to be vigilant concerning the Coronavirus and follow the very best practices to maintain a clean, healthy environment. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email staff@tridentcrossfitva.
15 Air Squats
4 Ring Rows
12 Air Squats
15 Air Squats
Back Squat for load:
#1: 3 reps
#2: 3 reps
#3: 3 reps
#4: 3 reps
#5: 3 reps
* Optional Finisher
Back Squat Test (Jan. 2018)
4 x 2 min rounds
15/12 cal row
Rest 2 minutes
Score is total T2B
10 Overhead Squats (75/55)
10 Good Mornings (75/55)
10 Bent Over Rows (75/55)
200m Run after each round
Push Press 3RM
8 Min AMRAP:
8 Kettlebell Swings
8 Burpees over the KB
Score is total rounds + reps
12 Deadlifts (Bodyweight)
21 Box jumps (24/20)
10 min rope climb skill work
• Power Snatch, 75 reps, 75/55#
10 min AMRAP:
15 Goblet Squats (53/35 lb.)
10 Toes to Bar
12/10 Cal. Assault Bike
4 rounds for reps/cals:
1 min Double unders
1 min Ski Erg
1 min Row
1 min Good mornings
1 min Rest
Bench Press 3RM
Box Jumps (24/20)