Founder & Co-Owner a.k.a. “Bam-Bam”
Andrea is a former competitive gymnast, coach and USGF judge, Andrea has always made athletics a focus in her life. Her drive led her to become a competitive road cyclist and triathlete, and when she discovered CrossFit, she was hooked. As a CrossFit trainer , Andrea enthusiasm has helped individuals from elite athletes to fitness rookies to achieve their personal goals. As co-owner of Misha’s coffee house and roaster in Alexandria , Andrea brings 18 years of commitment to the local community to Trident CrossFit.
WHY: I exist to challenge the status quo in order to seek unique ways of approaching things and to create innovative solutions to existing problems.
HOW: I attempt to learn as much as I can about any subject that interests me, that I think can help me expand my perspective and knowledge, in order to make meaningful change in my life and business.
WHAT: What makes me different is that I seek to challenge the status quo, not just to rebel or create change, but in order to make any community that I am part of better and contribute to something greater than myself.
What’s your favorite workout?
Anything that builds my booty. Actually anything with Oly lifting big fan of lunges and hand stand pushups
When you’re not CrossFit-ting, you’re…
Running Misha’s Coffee House, and walking my dogs Andy and Claire
Advice for someone starting or wanting to start CrossFit
This program works for any and everyone, dont be intimidated, just walk in the door
Certifications, Experience, Honors
- CrossFit HQ Trainer
- Certified CrossFit Level 4 Coach (CF-L4)
- CrossFit Trainer Certification (CCFT)
- CrossFit Trainer Certification (CF-L3)
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Gymnastics
- CrossFit Weightlifting
- CrossFit Gymnastics
- CrossFit Kids
- CrossFit Mobility
- CrossFit Judge
- USAW Sports Performance Certification
- Functional Movement Screening Certification
- Former Competitive Gymnast, Coach and USGF Judge
- Winner of the 2012 Leadership in Business and Career Development Award from Alexandria Commission for Women
- Two Time Masters National Weightlifting Champion 58Kg, 40-44 yr old division 2013 & 2014
- Two Time IWF Masters World Weightlifting Champion 2013 & 2014 58Kg, 40-44 yr old division